Start your training RIGHT NOW!
Purchase training through our
store now and get instant access 24/7/365.
The Shine phase is more than making the work area spic and span.
- There are three aspects of shine: getting the workplace clean,
maintaining its appearance, and using preventive measures to keep it
Cleaning the workplace:
- Take the time to plan what needs to be cleaned, what it will be
cleaned with, when it will be cleaned, and who will do the cleaning.
Maintaining the appearance of the workplace:
- Techniques and practices that contribute to the appearance of a work
area include: painting, lighting, dealing with clutter, dust
collection, minimizing spills, and conducting routine maintenance.
Using preventive measures to keep the workplace clean:
- Once the work area, tools, and equipment are clean, they need to be
kept that way.
- Continued housekeeping is one way to keep the work area, tools, and
equipment clean. But the better way is to prevent these from getting
dirty in the first place.
- Root cause analysis, mistake-proofing, and the use of preventive
measures are important to keep the workplace clean and orderly.
- Equipment that is kept clean performs more efficiently and has less
unscheduled downtime. Additionally, many organizations find that
productivity and safety performance improve as housekeeping